Last updated: Jun 15, 2021
Valid until: Aug 15, 2021
The recruitment team at BitQubic is looking for a Software Engineer II working at the Ottawa office. An eligible candidate will be a member of backend team and work with product, engineering, infrastructure and security teams to design, develop, test and operate a digital asset trading and management platform accessed by large-scale users and bots across the world.
- Design, develop and test new features and products. Be curious about application performance and motivated in improving performance and scalability.
- Full practice of continuous integration and delivery. Write containerized applications that can be easily built with monitoring enabled.
- Cloud-native staging and production environment with Kubernetes, Helm and beyond.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to build reliable system and success on every roadmap.
- Work in Agile way and frequent collaboration with team members.
- Work with a distributed global team. Collaborate with them and respond on production issues.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or above in computer science or relevant major. The candidate should have at least 2 years of software development experience.
- Familiar with Java, or familiar with at least one coding language and has strong interest in learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated and proactively looking to solve problems.
- Be curious to learn. Be able to do research spec independently or with minor supervision.
- Good understanding on OOD/OOP and design patterns. Candidate should have some working knowledge on data structure and algorithm.
- Familiar with REST API and JSON-RPC. Know the common practice of API development.
- Experience on Relational database such as MySQL and PostgreSQL. Candidate should also have some experiences on db optimization.
- The candidate should care about the performance and scalability of applications. Experience on caching development with Redis is a plus.
- Hands-on experience on container-based development with Docker. Knowledge on Kubernetes and Helm is a plus.
- Spring Boot and its related packages.
- Prior experiences with SQL development and optimization will be an asset.
- Experience on major blockchains API integration (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
- Experience on developing high-frequency, production-grade trading systems.
- Experience on developing and deploying code in public cloud like AWS / GCP / Azure.
Candidates who are interested in this position may send their resumes to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.